Actualizado el Tuesday, 17 August, 2021
If you’ve landed here, you’re likely interested in contributing to the Badi Blog as a guest author. That’s great to hear!
To ensure a smooth and successful collaboration, we encourage you to take a look at the guidelines below before you submit your guest post.
Looking forward to seeing what you’ve got!
Badi is a room rental platform that allows anyone to publish, find and securely book rooms mid- and long-term from anywhere in the world. We use powerful AI technology to pair room seekers with room listers based on a wide variety of criteria, thus ensuring a perfect match.
We aim to publish inspiring and insightful content that will inform and engage the readers of our blog. We talk about discovering new cities, enjoying a life of sharing, living a sustainable lifestyle, and we occasionally also write about legal topics of interest to our users.
We prefer longer articles (a minimum of 1000 words), still optimised for SEO but without sounding artificial. Content must primarily be written for people, not the search engine.
Our user is a young professional that thinks of herself as a global citizen. Global citizens are leading a life of purpose. They prioritize personal and professional fulfillment over material success. This will take them to live in two or three cities in the next 5-10 years. They are looking for fulfillment, but their nature stops them from establishing roots. That’s why they want to share a home, a city and a life.
Guest post guidelines
Tone of voice
We aspire to come across as trustworthy, welcoming, glocal, and optimistic. This should be reflected in the language that we use.
- Keep it simple.
- Use intelligent and respectful humour.
- Be convincing, credible, and trustworthy.
- Be inspiring but with down-to-earth and real stories of real people.
- Be adult and sound mature.
- Don’t use excessive or irritating humour.
- Don’t be too serious.
- Don’t overuse exclamation points.
- Don’t use simplistic or silly expressions.
Submit original and unique content that hasn’t been published elsewhere, including your own blog. Don’t borrow sentences from previously published posts. Articles should be at least 1000 words and contain meaningful content, no fluff.
All articles must be pitch-free and provide authentic, genuine value to the reader. If you are affiliated in any way with a company or an individual mentioned in your post, you need to openly disclose the relationship in the article.
You will be featured as the author of the post, but Badi is the owner of the content published on its blog. That means you cannot publish the same post on your blog or anywhere else (you can, of course, share the post published on Badi with your own audience).
All photos that accompany the post will be chosen by Badi.
The article should follow a logical structure and be divided into short paragraphs and sections clearly introduced by means of headings and subheadings. Please indicate the level of each heading element when you deliver the copy (H1, H2, H3).
Use bulleted lists to further structure your content and facilitate readability.
- The first link in the piece should link internally to another post on the Badi Blog which naturally complements what you’re writing about.
- After that, you can add links to your site, but make sure they are always included in a way that reads naturally and doesn’t feel salesy.
- Use links to external reputable sources to substantiate your claims. Links must always benefit the reader and must not be promotional in nature.
- We reserve the right to remove any outgoing links deemed inappropriate.
Please submit the following together with your body copy:
- Headline: optimised for clicks and social media.
- SEO-friendly URL.
- Meta description: two concise sentences, optimised for search and attractive to the reader.
- Excerpt: 30 to 40 words. It can be similar to your meta description and explain in a clear and enticing way what the article is about.
Send us a two-sentence bio of the article author, providing their full name and explaining what their specialism is. Please also submit a good profile photo of the author.
Please submit your article in a Google doc, properly formatted and proofread. Our editorial staff will review the article and make any necessary edits to ensure a consistency in style and general message.
The timeframe within which your article will be published may vary but barring any major edits, it should be published within two weeks of submission. We will keep you updated on the posting schedule.